Zam – Under Suit

Well, it’s been a while since I have done an update. Zam is completed, more or less. The last piece to be completed was the helmet which was completed around 10pm the night before FanExpo. The under suit is something I really want to update. The colours are far too washed out and the fabric has no stretch to it.… Read more →

Helmet Progress

Continued working on the helmet this past weekend.  Since I have sorted out the brim issues, I moved on to the actual helmet itself.  I started off by looking to prime all the pieces that will eventually have to be painted:   I know there are blaster bits in there; I’ll post on that separately once I have more progress… Read more →

Rebuilding the Xena Skirt

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a corset made by the costume department for Renaissance Pictures that was a back-up for the show.  For years I wasn’t able to wear it as I wasn’t in good enough shape for it.  That’s different now, since I go to the gym five days a week and I watch what… Read more →

Creating the Vest

The last thing I did this past weekend was to get a jump start on creating the vest.  I had gone out a few months ago and purchased a basic pattern for a vest which I thought closely matched what the costume calls for.  The one I selected was Burda 7369 which includes both a long vest and a waist… Read more →