New Under Suit

So I’ve started cutting out the spandex for the new under suit.  I have a couple metal cube paper weights that were swag from work and I’ve found that they are absolutely useful when I’m cutting out the pieces.

 

Bricks
Handy!

 

I’ve also dyed the fabric;

IMG_1308
Yep, I cooked a costume.

 

The colour turned out quite well, a little darker in spots, but we’ll call that weathering.

IMG_1309
The colour turned out pretty darn good. Funny how this colour looks totally different in different lights.

 

Lastly, I sewed together all the panels. I’ve torn out and cleaned up all the lining as well, so the last thing to do is just rig up the serger and assemble all the parts. I don’t think I’ll be putting in a zipper this time; the whole thing is four way stretch so it should be no issue. Tomorrow.